VITAMIN D IS THE SUNSHINE VITAMIN
THE IMPORTANCE OF VITAMIN D
Scientists have discovered more proof that Vitamin D has a critical impact on our health, including immunity. Recent research revealed that many people have low levels of vitamin D, which puts us at risk of bone pain, fractures and other health problems. The sun in the UK isn’t strong enough for us to make enough vitamin D for 6 months of the year, Added to this is a lack of outdoor activities even in summer and many of us don’t get enough levels of this essential super vitamin.
Unlike some vitamin D supplements, we have used vitamin D3, a form of vitamin D produced naturally in the body in response to the exposure to sunlight. Our bodies process this form of vitamin D much better.
Vitamin D3 supports bones, teeth, muscles and immune health. It’s ideal for anyone that needs high levels of vitamin D3 in small, easy to absorb capsules.
Vitamins D3 and K2 work together
Taking too much vitamin D3 without enough vitamin K2 can lead to a problem with excess calcium. If calcium isn’t laid into bone, it will go in other tissues, like the arteries which is very bad for your health. It contributes to atherosclerosis and vessel stiffness.
Vitamin D3 and K2 work together to maintain perfect control over calcium levels in the body. Vitamin D3 controls the absorption of calcium into the blood and Vitamin K2 controls where that calcium ends up.
- Contributes to healthy blood clotting, contributes to maintaining strong bones.
- Contributes to good calcium absorption from food.
- Increases calcium absorption into the bones.
- The Health Council of the Netherlands recommends that old age pensioners and people with darker skin take extra vitamin D to help strengthen their bones.
- Contributes to normal muscle function.
- Contributes to calcium and phosphorus absorption from food.
- Promotes a healthy/good blood calcium level.
- Has a positive effect on the immune system.
- Contributes to strong teeth.
- Helps to reduce the risks of falling due to posture instability and muscle weakness. Falling is a risk factor for fractures in men and women over 60, the Health Council of the Netherlands recommends that seniors and people with darker skin take extra vitamin D to help strengthen their bones
1 capsule typically provides:
Vitamin D3 75µg (3000IU) (NRV 1140%)
Vitamin K2 100µg (NRV 133%)
*Nutrient Reference Value
Ingredients: Bulking Agent: Microcrystalline Cellulose, Capsule Shell: (Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose), Vitamin D3 Prep (Acacia Gum, Sugar Cane, Sunflower Oil, Starch, Cholecalciferol), Vitamin K2 Prep (Dicalcium Phosphate, Vitamin K as MK7 (soya)), Anti-Caking Agents (Magnesium Stearate, Silicon Dioxide).
Allergy Advice: Please see allergens in the ingredients list in bold. Although rigorous precautions are taken to prevent any cross-contamination
The conversion of IU to mg varies depending on the nutrient.The IU is an International Unit, usually used to measure fat-soluble vitamins including Vitamin A, D & E.
One microgram of Vitamin D = 40IU.
Adults, take 1 capsule daily. Do not exceed recommended daily dose.
Always consult your health practitioner before taking nutritional supplements, especially if you are taking medication or are under medical supervision. Not recommended for children, pregnant or lactating women. You should not take supplements as a substitute for a varied balanced diet or healthy lifestyle. Store in a cool dry place, out of reach of children. Suitable for vegetarians but not vegans.
I actually ordered this but received Turmeric. However I’ve wanted to try that too and have been pleased with it now.
Brilliant customer service, have ordered twice from them now. These capsules have good quality ingredients in them and as they are only one a day are fantastic value for money. Because of the current pandemic they are so beneficial at the moment. Would highly recommend
great combination with Vitamin k MK7
Arrived on time and started taking right away, want to keep as healthy as possible in these time, Vit d so important.
A very manageable capsule to help boost your immune system